MĖTA Bitter Orange essential oil is 100% Citrus Aurantium Amara, a cold-pressed fragrance of fruit peel. Bitter Orange, a species of evergreen citrus plant that originated in India. MĖTA Bitter Orange essential oil originates in Sicily.
The aroma of the essential Bitter Orange oil is particularly rich, combining the sweetness of orange oil and the bitter spice of grapefruit oil. More»
MĖTA Bitter orange essential oil is 100% Citrus Aurantium Amara, a cold-pressed fragrance of fruit peel. Bitter orange, a species of evergreen citrus plant that originated in India. Bitter oranges are also grown in Spain, Sicily, Morocco, the southern United States and the Caribbean, in various regions with similar climates.
MĖTA Bitter orange essential oil originates in Sicily.
The aroma of the essential bitter orange oil is particularly rich, combining the sweetness of orange oil and the bitter spice of grapefruit oil. This adds an interesting note to natural perfumery preparations. The scent of bitter orange essential oil is one of the highest perfume notes – the intensity remains for up to 24 hours.
Natural perfumery specialists appreciate the excellent, uplifting properties of bitter orange oil. It goes well with floral scents, revealing their beauty. Due to the unique bitter aroma of orange oil, it is preferred in the creation of top-class perfume compositions. Bitter orange oil is also used in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
In aromatherapy, bitter orange oil helps relieve the effects of stress and reduce anxiety. In the emotional system, the bitter orange essential oil is very uplifting and energizes the body, but at the same time calms the mind and emotions. It is used in Ayurvedic medicine as an aid to meditation. It is said that the aroma of bitter orange oil emanating from the diffuser helps to dispel anger and frustration for both adults and children!
Perfect for use with:
bergamot, cinnamon, lemon, grapefruit, cloves, coriander, lavender, mint, nutmeg, neroli, pine, chamomile, rosemary essential oils.
Methods and amounts of use:
Aromatic bath: essential oils are insoluble in water, thus dissolve 10-30 drops of essential oil mix in a glass of milk, kephir, yoghurt, cream, a tablespoon of plant oil or some honey and then pour the mixture into your bath.
Cream or lotion: put 10-15 drops of the essential oil mix into 1 spoon of unfragranced cream or lotion.
Hand cream or lotion: one-time use: 3 drops of the essential oil in 1 teaspoon of fatty oil.
After-shave lotion: 40 drops of essential oil mix into 120 ml of apple vinegar or vodka and 80 ml of distilled water.
Massage: 10-15 drops of essential oil mix into 2 tablespoons of plant oil.
Shampoo, conditioner or for rinsing hair: add 2 drops of the essential oil into the bottle of shampoo or 2-3 l of water with some lemon juice.
Sauna: 15 drops of essential oil mix into 10 l of hot water for soaking besoms.
Aromatic lamp: 4-5 drops for 5 sq. m. area. For daily use (don’t forget to add warm water).
Facial steam bath: 2-3 drops into 1 l hot water.
Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products, identifies the following allergens:
Bitter Orange essential oil includes natural components: limonene, linalool.
1. R. Tisserand, R. Young, E. M Williamson “Essential Oil Safety. A Guide for Health Care Professionals”, Churchill Livingstone ELSEVIER, 2014
2. R. Balz “The Healing Power of Essential Oils”, LOTUS LIGHT SHANGRI-LA, Twin Lakes, 1996
3. J. Lawless, The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Updated Edition), London: Harper Thorsons, 2014
4. B.M. Lawrence, Essential Oils 1981-1987 (Wheaton: Allured Publishing, 1989), 39-40.
5. P.Dugo, L. Mondello, E. Sebastiani, et al., Identification of Minor Oxygen Heterocyclic Compounds of Citrus Essential Oils by Liquid Chromatography-Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionisation Mass Spectrometry. (Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies 22, 1999), 2991-3005.
6. B.M. Lawrence, Progress in Essential Oils, Number 2. (Perfumer & Flavorist 25, 2000),
46-49. SCCP, Opinion on Furocoumarins in Cosmetic Products. (Scientific Committee on Consumer Products, 13-Dec.-2005), SCCP/0942/05.
7. Л.ГДудченко, Г.П.Потебня, Н.А.Кривенко «Ароматерапия и аромамасаж», «Максимум», Киев, 1999