Rosemary essential oil is made of aromatic rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) leaves and twigs, using the steam distillation method. The origin of “MĖTA” Rosemary essential oil is Spain. Rosemary essential oil has a warm, rather intense, specific, herbal, purifying and refreshing camphor aroma, which is one of the middle perfume notes – the intensity of the aroma lasts for 2-3 days. More»
“MĖTA” rosemary essential oil is 100% Rosmarinus officinalis Lamiaceae / Labiatae, a plant odor extracted from the plant twigs by water vapor distillation. Rosemary is widespread in Spain, Italy, Croatia, Morocco, France, Tunisia. Rosemary essential oil has a warm, rather intense, specific, herbal, purifying and refreshing camphor aroma, which is one of the middle perfume notes – the intensity of the aroma lasts for 2-3 days.
The origin of “MĖTA” Rosemary essential oil is Spain.
Rosemary essential oil is used in cosmetics as an aroma enhancer and freshener, it is used to flavor cosmetic products, especially for the care of oily skin, hair lotions, shampoos, toothpaste and others. In cosmetology, this oil is used primarily to stop hair loss, because it strengthens the hair roots and stimulates their growth and removes dandruff. Tones the skin, especially suitable for oily. One of the most effective tools in the fight against lice and other parasites.
Perfect for use with:
essential oils of Oranges, Basil, Lemongrass, Mint, Lavender, Pine and other citrus fruits.
Methods and amounts of use:
Aromatic bath: essential oils are insoluble in water, thus dissolve 10-30 drops of essential oil mix in a glass of milk, kephir, yoghurt, cream, a tablespoon of plant oil or some honey and then pour the mixture into your bath.
Cream or lotion: put 10-15 drops of the essential oil mix into 1 spoon of unfragranced cream or lotion.
Hand cream or lotion: one-time use: 3 drops of the essential oil in 1 teaspoon of fatty oil.
After-shave lotion: 40 drops of essential oil mix into 120 ml of apple vinegar or vodka and 80 ml of distilled water.
Massage: 10-15 drops of essential oil mix into 2 tablespoons of plant oil.
Shampoo, conditioner or for rinsing hair: add two drops of this essential oil into a bottle of shampoo. Use 8-10 drops for oily hair.
Sauna: 15 drops of essential oil mix into 10 l of hot water for soaking besoms.
Aromatic lamp: 4-5 drops for 5 sq. m. area. For daily use (don’t forget to add warm water).
Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products, identifies the following allergens:
Rosemary essential oil includes natural components: geraniol, limonene, linalool.
1. R. Tisserand, R. Young, E. M Williamson “Essential Oil Safety. A Guide for Health Care Professionals”, Churchill Livingstone ELSEVIER, 2014
2. R. Balz “The Healing Power of Essential Oils”, LOTUS LIGHT SHANGRI-LA, Twin Lakes, 1996
3. J. Lawless, The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Updated Edition), London: Harper Thorsons, 2014
4. B.M. Lawrence, Essential Oils 1981-1987 (Wheaton: Allured Publishing, 1989), 39-40.
5. P.Dugo, L. Mondello, E. Sebastiani, et al., Identification of Minor Oxygen Heterocyclic Compounds of Citrus Essential Oils by Liquid Chromatography-Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionisation Mass Spectrometry. (Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies 22, 1999), 2991-3005.
6. B.M. Lawrence, Progress in Essential Oils, Number 2. (Perfumer & Flavorist 25, 2000), 46-49. SCCP, Opinion on Furocoumarins in Cosmetic Products. (Scientific Committee on Consumer Products, 13-Dec.-2005), SCCP/0942/05.